- Two thirds of the population working in agriculture the main business of life.
- About three in agriculture income population of India, who live in rural areas the main source of three quarters are quarters.
- Agriculture provides not only food but clothing, sugar, vegetable oil, jute and tobacco manufacturing industry as the raw materials are.
- Agriculture not only an important business people, and life, culture and customs is a way. Indias customs and festivals, most observations and agricultural weather, activities and products are consistent.
MAIN CHARACTERISTIC FEATURES OF MAHESHWARAM AGRICULTURE:
- Because a large population, Maheshwaram Given depends on agriculture.
- Depends mainly on farming Maheshwaram rain. Total agricultural area, and still dependent on monsoon rains set. In the rain - fed areas, agriculture is unstable and less productive.
- About one third of total agricultural land area accounting for arable land is irrigated. In irrigated areas, agricultural production and prosperity.
- Geographical conditions of a year in agricultural crops are suitable for cultivation.
- Favorable geographical conditions, Maheshwaram true farmers to grow crops, food (eg rice, millet, Bazra red, regardless of gram and vegetables), and (such as cotton and Castor) cash crops.
THE PROBLEMS OF MAHESHWARAM AGRICULTURE:
- Uncertainty rainfall,
- Jhumming or Shifting type of Cultivation
- Illiterate farming community,
- Improper manuring and low application of fertilisers,
- Non-mechanised and out-dated farm implements,
- Lack of proper marketing system.